A lot of people have been sharing on their social media how 2018 has been challenging and hard. I know of a fact, for some this year has been heart breaking. Personally, it was pretty good.
Don’t get me wrong, not everything has been rainbows, and puppies. But I am choosing to talk about the positive. After years of struggle, it feels good to get a decent year. It won’t always be this way, so I am going to Celebrate 2018
Here are some of the things I am grateful for:
- Nothing happened. It felt like 300 years long. JUST KIDDING!
- Completed #YWATRUE. A 30 day Yoga challenge by Yoga with Adriene. Felt amazing! And also bought my first Manduka Yoga mat.
- Celebrated Carol’s Baby Shower.
- Went to my first Drag Brunch.
- Won an award at work.
- Celebrated Jasmine’s baby shower!
- Watched Layla in her schools version for Legally Blonde. She killed it!
- Went to Whiskey Fest in Jersey City.
- Attended IBS Show at Javits Center.
- Had the first vacation in a long time with my family. We are massive nerds so we went to Disney and Universal studios in Orlando.
- Went to a sign along for Greatest Showman and Hugh Jackman was there. I lost my shit! 🤣
- Went to New York Weddings Event.
- NY Bridal Market
- Celebrated my mommy’s birthday!
- Attended The Makeup Show.
- Went to Atlantic City to take my nephew to a gamer event.
- Nephew had his High School Senior Prom.
- Partied up Diana’s 30th Birthday!
- Went to BookExpo.
- Went to Whisky X in Brooklyn.
- Nephew graduated High School.
- Saw Chase Rice in concert and watched from the stage. Bucket list dream accomplished!
- My niece’s 5th Birthday. We took her to American Girl.
- Watched the Manhattanhenge.
- Had my lashes lifted for the first time ever. I had had them done at Belle Sois Studios by the amazing Pauline.
- Went to Primark for the first time ever.
- Finally took a moment to listen to Marissa & learn about Macros.
- My niece started Kindergarten!
- Attended Authors in the City book signing with my biffle, Silvia.
- My friend Alisha opened her own lash company called Vida Cosmetics.
- Celebrated Labor Day by taking part of my nieces school float during the towns parade.
- Attended Books by the Bridge book signing.
- Watched Mean Girls on Broadway. So fetch!
- Celebrated JJ’s Birthday at House of ‘Que in Hoboken
- NY Bridal Market
- Hoarders After Dark book signing with BT Urruela & Christopher Harlan.
- Innisfree K-beauty Class
- GenBeauty NY 2018
- #TNTNYC18 Book Signing
- Witches & Wizard Weekend in Chestnut Hill, PA.
- Went to the Harry Potter: A History of Magic Exhibit at the NY Historical Society.
- First time in Texas! Went to Dallas for Fresh Fiction Readers & ‘ritas. I was Mika Jolie’s assistant. Had an amazing time!
- Turned the Big 4-Oh! Took myself on an amazing date. Color Factory > Alex & Ani > Laduree > Serendipity > Gym. Awesome date!
- Went to an advanced screening of Fantastic Beast Crimes of Grindelwald.
- Celebrated Mickey Mouse’s 90th Birthday at Mickey: True Original Exhibit.
- Thanksgiving with my Family! I love them and so grateful for them.
- Celebrated my birthday at The Cauldron Magical Experience.
- TNT Christmas Card Exchange.
- Hoarders After Dark Christmas Party & Signing.
- Randomly had brunch at Oscar Wilde.
- Girls trip with my sister and niece to Disney & Universal. We had an amazing time!
- Christmas Brunch with some of my favorite people!
- Secret Santa with Theresa, April, Shaye, Alisha, and Maria.
- Christmas!!! I hope you had a great one. I sure did with my family. I hated leaving them.
- Went hiking for the first time in a LONG time with my friend Hannah. Didn’t die, so that was great.
Yup. I’m tired but the good kind of tired. Because, I really did have an awesome year.
Thank you so everyone that was part of my year. You’ve brought joy into my life and I can’t thank you for that. I pray 2019 brings you happiness and good memories.
Raise your glass where ever you are, and cheer to a positive 2019!