For about a year now, I’ve been trying to find a way to combine all my passions… is not an easy task. Finding your own voice in industries that are overly saturated, it’s extremely difficult. But in this journey of self discovery, I forgot myself. Who I am as a person. And here’s the short answer. I’m a nerd.
I am a nerd, that loves makeup, beauty, fitness, photography, weddings, coffee, and a billion other things. I have my own way of looking at things. I’ll give you an example. At the gym we get into random conversations. And men were complaining about romancing their ladies, insert epic eye roll. I said I love romance, which was followed by them heckling me. But here’s the thing, MY idea of romance is not flowers, elaborate dinners, grand gestures, yada-yada-yada. Romance to me, is you picking up the POP! Vinyl doll that I’ve been fangirling over, and surprising me with it. That’s romance in my world.
I have never wanted to be a glamazon sex pod. I mean it would be fun being uber sexy, but it’s not who I am. And a light bulb went off in conversation with some of the best women I know. Because inspiration comes from all directions.
One of the things I love, is book covers. Some are SO beautiful, I buy them solely for the cover. I love cover art. And so I decided to start a makeup series inspired by book covers. SO EXCITED!
I am starting this series with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Because it’s a Harry Potter world. We just live in it.
- Brows: Dark Brown – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- All Over Lid: Matt Lin – Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette by theBALM
- Transition: Matt Lopez – Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette by theBALM
- Crease: Matt Rossi and Matt Reed – Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette by theBALM
- Outter Lid: in Matt Kumar – Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette by theBALM
- Inner Lid: Key to my Heart – MBA Cosmetics + Aguapelovegirl Eyeshadow
- Inner Corner: Glame Nude – NYX Glam Liner Aqua Luxe
- Under Lashes: Gonzo & Chaos – Urban Decay Electric Palette
- Lashes: Jesse’s Girl Dial-A-Lash Mascara
- Foundation: Desert Beige – Wet n’ Wild PhotoFocus
- Highlighter: Intense – MYOB Cosmetics
- Blush: Fresh Melon – City Color
- All Over Shade: Raspberry Beret – MYOB Liquid Lipstick
- Center: Lust – MYOB Liquid Lipstick
Although my hair looks more like Bellatrix Lestrange, I am a proud Hufflepuff and a member of Dumbledore’s Army!
Stay tuned to next week. I’ll have another book covered inspired makeup!
In the mean time, leave your favorite cover suggestions below. I’ll add them to the list!
3 Comments Add yours