Happy Labor Day! Although the last day of Summer is not until September 21st, today marks the unofficial start of Fall, aka sweater season. Summer please don’t leave me! I am not ready to see you go!
Sweater season brings with it the dreaded Pumpkin Spice Latte. I loathe it with the passion of one thousand burning suns. I’m a HUGE coffee snob and my taste buds reject it. It shouldn’t be in the same level as coffee. It should be sold in back of a creepy alleys, like a sketchy deal. I don’t get the hype. Nor do I understand it.
But, I thought it’ll be fun to channel that hate into something fun to “welcome” fall.
With the help of one of my besties, JJ, this is the look we created. And yes, we had way too much fun putting this together!
- BROWS: Dark Brown – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- ALL OVER LID: Matt Lin – theBALM Meet Matt(e) Trimony Palette
- TRANSITION: Creme Brulee – Makeup Geek Shadow
- CREASE: Vintage – Makeup Geek Shadow
- LID: Matt Orange – NYX Warm Rust Ultimate Palette
- EYELINER: Glam Liner – NYX Glam Liner
- INNER CORNER: Freak – Urban Decay Electric Palette
- INNER CORNER GLITTER: Kiwi – MBA Cosmetics Chromalights-Foil FX Glitter
- WATERLINE: Black Magic Liner – Beauty For Real
- LASHES: Mad Lash Mascara – theBALM
- FOUNDATION: Natural – Milani Foundation
- BLUSH: Main Squeeze – Makeup Geek
- HIGHLIGHT: Intense – MYOB Cosmetics
- CREAM CONTOUR: The Sculptor – Tarte
- BRONZER: Toasted – Urban Decay Baked Bronzer
- LIQUID LIPSTICK: Sandcastle – MYOB Cosmetics
I guess inspiration does come from the things we don’t like, nor understand. I had a blast creating this look.
Does anyone else get inspired by food? Or your coffee obsession? No? Just me? Ok.
Are you like me and despise PSL? Do you love it? Which one is your favorite?