Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.
I’ve been trying to come up with fall dishes for all you lovely peeps, and one dish that just screams fall (and winter) all on its own to me is a good chili.
I don’t know why but the heartiness of chili just makes me think about falling leaves, sweaters, and curling up on the couch to watch football with a warm bowl of that yummy goodness. So what I have done for you all this week, is I made my chili but with a twist. A healthy twist I will say, some of the veggies I added made it feel kind of fall to me, maybe it was just all the colors. So without further ado, here is my recipe for a healthy crockpot fall chili.
What you will need:
- 1 lb+ ground chicken cooked
- 1 can chunk tomatoes (no salt added if you can find it)
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of Cannellini beans
- 1 eggplant cubed
- 2 green or yellow zucchini cubed
- 1 cub of diced onions
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 3 peppers chopped (I like using 3 different colors, usually yellow, orange, and red)
- 1 packet McCormick’s Gluten Free Chili Seasoning (This has a pretty mild heat.)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Adjust your heat (crushed red pepper flakes) and salt to your taste
All you need to do is throw all of these items in your crockpot, stir, and cook on low for about 6 hours.
I have never made chili in a crockpot before, and I was a little hesitant but I think I will never make it on the stove again. This was too easy! I only stirred twice, before I turned on the crockpot and when it was done.
The eggplant and zucchini added this great flavor to the chili. It was almost a little bit of sweetness that offset the heat. Even my hubby enjoyed it and he hates those two veggies. I hope you will try out this recipe, I promise it won’t disappoint!