Need a quick breakfast, or morning snack? These mini egg white muffins are easy, quick, and delish!
What you’ll need:
- Whatever veggies and meat you have in the fridge/freezer.
- A pint of organic egg whites.
- Parmesan Cheese
For this batch I used:
- Steamed chopped spinach (leftovers)
- Diced Onions (frozen)
- Diced Peppers (frozen)
- Italian chicken sausage (leftovers)
What you’ll do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) or Organic Coconut Oil.
- Portion out all the veggies into each muffin.
- If you are adding a meat, chop it up and sprinkle into each muffin as well.
- Fill each muffin with egg whites.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Lastly, sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese for a little added flavor.
Bake for 20-25 minutes; when the edges of the muffins start to brown, its done. Let cool for a few minutes before you pop them out of the pan.
These egg white muffins are great because they can be stored in the fridge for a few days. When you want breakfast, or a snack, you can enjoy them cold or just pop them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to warm them up.
Now get creative with your ingredients; other items I’ve used were: mushrooms, diced tomatoes, peas, corn, sweet or regular potatoes, shredded leftover chicken, and turkey bacon. Enjoy!
Want more recipes? Check out our previous Foodie Monday recipes.