Happy Foodie Monday!
I really wanted pork fried rice, but I’m trying to be healthy. So I decided to attempt to make Veggie “Fried” Quinoa. I was really excited to try this out.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups of TJ’s Organic White Quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen sliced mushrooms
- 4 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped mixed peppers
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash Grilling Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tsp TJ’s 21 Seasoning Salute
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
What you’ll do:
Sautée all the veggies in a pan with some EVOO. After a few minutes add the quinoa and dry seasonings. Mix well. Then add enough water to cover the mixture, add the aminos, and stir.
Cover and cook for 20 minutes until the quinoa sprouts. Once that happens uncover and crack the two eggs into the quinoa and mix well. Cover and let cook for 2 minutes. Guess what, it’s done. Yep, that quick. Adjust salt to your liking, and pepper if you wish.
I was going for a Chinese food flavor, but it tasted more like Thai. Not what I was expecting, but still super delicious!
Since this reminded me of Thai food, for a healthy Pad Thai option, add some chicken chunks and crumbled peanuts. YUM!
Let me know if you make this, and figure out a way to make it taste more Chinese food-ish without using soy. Sound off below, Instagram, Twitter, and/or Facebook.