Figuring out what eye make up to wear is one of the hardest decisions we make. Specially in the morning. Without coffee. Then there’s the eyeliner. Do we go with a fun daring color? Or maybe a sexy black cat eye? Regardless of the look we choose, we need the best smudge-proof liquid or creme liner to get the job done.
There’s tons and tons of eyeliners out there. Today I’ll be reviewing three: Rimmel Glam’ Eyes Professional Liquid Eyeliner, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, and Wet n Wild Fergie Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner. I was originally going to include Mary Kay Gel Eyeliner but after trying Wet n Wild Fergie; I realized they were very similar and opted for the less expensive item.
I picked these three products, because not only did I already own them, you could easily find them at your local store. Yes they may be all black, but there’s tons of differences between them. From application to consistency. So let’s start!
Rimmel Glam’ Eyes Professional Liquid Eyeliner
- Price: Around $5.99 at any drugstore.
- Thoughts: Casual thin eye line. Ideal for thin lines.
- Color: Only available in Black Glamour
- Pros: Affordable. Rich color. It doesn’t flake off, smudge, or smear. Dries quick. Comes off easy with make up remover.
- Cons: You need to have some practice before applying this liquid eyeliner. The brush is very-very thin. Not water resistant. Not cruelty free.
- Rating: 2 out of 5
- Price: $19 at Sephora
- Thoughts: Love how sexy my cat eyes come out with this product! Ideal for both thin and thick lines.
- Color: Trooper – Ink Black
- Pros: Liquid liner pen designed to work on eyes and on body to create temporary tattoos. Water-resistant. Excellent stiff, yet very flexible tip. It doesn’t flake off, smudge, or smear. It dries quick, and comes off easy with makeup remover. Very easy to apply. Great for eyeliner beginners.
- Cons: Pricey, and it’s doesn’t have the cruelty free bunny stamp. Cruelty free is big plus for me personally.
- Rating: 4 out of 5 because is not cruelty free.
Wet n Wild Fergie Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner
- Price: $4.99 at any drugstore.
- Thoughts: It gives me the “little black dress” feel. Great for thick and thin lines.
- Color: 886 Black
- Pros: This shade of black is very nice, very easy to use, and glides on almost perfectly. The brush that comes with this creme liner, is very useful. This product is totally affordable. Water resistant. Easy enough for creme eyeliner beginners. Cruelty free which is a big plus. So smooth, I could see myself using it as eyes shadow for smoky eyes. How to know if is cruelty free? Look for the bunny stamp on the package. Also you can always check on the PETA website.
- Cons: After a couple of hours of wear, it lightly transferred to my crease. However, it wasn’t super noticeable. I mean I have very small eyes so it’s expected lol.
- Rating: 4 out of 5
And last, but not least, here is an over night test I did to the above mentioned liners:
The next morning, Kat Von D looks still the same, Mary Kay and Fergie kind of smudged, and Rimmel completely vanished.
In the end, it’s your choice what product you use. What I seek to accomplish, is to simply help you decided what fits your needs. In their own right, they are great products, and although some work better than others, they all do the work. I mean, who goes to bed with makeup on? So who cares about my overnight test lol!
If you try any of these liners, share them on social media, and use the hashtag #NLBeauty.
See you next week. Keep calm and love make up.
All pictures were taken using natural lighting.
One Comment Add yours