View this post on Instagram
The countdown continues!!! @imatsofficial in 3 days 🙌😄 I can not wait. Make sure y'all are following ⏩@bridalbeautyxo⏪ • • • #imats #imatsnyc #beautyshow #makeupartistshow #tradeshow #mua #mue #beauty #beautyblog #beautyblogger #bbloger #bblogers #instabeauty #beautyvlog #vlogger #bvlog #vlogging #beautyvlogger #makeup #makeblog #makeupvlog #makeupblogger #instamakeup #makeupvlogger #IpsyOS
Today we are talking about something I do on a daily bases. I wear makeup to the gym. I know, I used to be one of those girls that used to make fun of others for working out with a full face on. But I have changed my mind about the subject. Granted I don’t wear heavy makeup but I do like to wear something.
Why you ask? Because if I feel like I look good, I do better and push harder. And isn’t that what going to the gym is all about? To be a better version of you and live a healthy life? Exactly, so when I wear makeup I feel like I can take on the world. Because makeup is life. And coffee, but we’ll discuss my passion for coffee another time.
Honestly, I don’t wear much to the gym. I usually go for the I’m-not-wearing-makeup-but-obviously-I-am look. So today I decided to share my gym makeup routine with you. Let’s get started.
I go for products that are inexpensive but work and stay on. So you’ll see a lot of NYX Cosmetics on this list. Yes, I want to look good but not spend a zillion dollars on makeup that will sweat off my face.
Disclaimer: I weight train for an hour and after that I do an hour long Kickboxing class where I sweat buckets. So these babies can take on the heat and are gym approved.
- Primer: NYX First Base Primer Spray. This primer just sucks in the foundation and holds it in place.
- Color Correcting: NYX Dark Circle Concealer in Medium. I put this under the foundation. I helps you look fresh and literally makes the dark circles disappear.
- Foundation: NYX Tinted Moisturizer in Soft Beige. Since I am going for a soft look. This is the perfect foundation. It covers but it doesn’t make me look like I am overly done.
- Eyebrows: NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown. I personally don’t like the colors of these pencils. They are entirely too red and you could see it a mile away. But I love the the formula. It goes on smooth and it just stays put. My favorite brow pencil is Anastasia Brow Wiz but it’s also pricey and I don’t want to kill it at the gym. So this is my gym brow pencil. Since this shade is too dark for me, I lighten it up with a spoolie.
- Eye Primer: NYX Eyeshadow Base in White. The white helps the color stand out.
- Eye Shadow: Stila Ice Cream Eyeshadow Trio in Neapolitan. I found this at TJ Maxx for $5.99 USD and don’t feel guilty about using it for the gym. I only use the two light shades and call it a day. Just remember it’s the gym, not a fashion show. Use the K.I.S.S. motto… Keep It Simple Stupid.
- Mascara: Benefit Roller Lash. This thing could cost $40,000 USD and I’d still wear it to the gym because it does not move. At all. I can’t tell you how many mascaras I’ve bought and they ended up making me look like a hot mess after Kickboxing. No thank you sir. I’ll stick to this.
- Concealer: NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Yellow. I only use it under my eyes to brighten my face and eyes.
- Finishing Powder: NYX HD Finishing Powder in Banana. I only use this to set the concealer.
- Bronzer: PIXI Beauty Bronzer in Summertime. This bronzer has a bit of gold specs in it that gives you a flawless glow without trying too hard or it being noticeable that I am wearing any.
- Blush: Laura Geller Baked Blush Blush -n- Brighten in Tropic Hues. This shade is AMAZING! I use it for everything. I should feel guilt for using it to go the gym but I’m not because I have to have it on all the time.
- Lips: NYX Simply Pink Lip Cream in First Base. It’s my favorite go to lipstick for anything. I love pink nudes. When this disappears or fades, I just put on my Lasting Smiles Organic Lip Balm in Simply Moisture.
- Setting Spray: Maybelline Face Studio Master Fix. They key to any gym makeup is longevity and how it holds. This is my secret weapon. And it works.
Ok, so it may look like it’s a lot of products but it really isn’t. Writing down my regular makeup routine would take me a couple of days. It takes me about 10 minutes to get my gym face on. It would be faster but the brows need some TLC. Darn you brows!
Here’s what I looked like while I was at the gym and then after.
Yes, I look like a hot mess after, but let’s face it, it could be worse. And the makeup held up pretty well.
So now tell me, are you like me? Do you wear makeup to the gym? What are some of your favorite products? Share with us below or on instagram.