Sunday sauce is never a quick meal to cook, and since I’ve become a parent I’ve needed to figure out a way to make quick healthy dishes, cause mama don’t have time to cook sauce for 8 hours anymore. This quick bolognese is my go to when I feel like having some pasta to satisfy my half Italian blood, LOL!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 large jar of tomato sauce of your liking
- 1 lb bag of spiral pasta (I used Trader Joe’s Brown Rice & Quinoa Pasta which is gluten free)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 package of sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 lb of ground chicken breast
- 1 tbsp of Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute
- 1 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Italian Medley
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Before prepping your ingredients, make sure you get your pasta pot on the stove with water. Set to boil.
In a large frying pan, sautée your onions, garlic and mushrooms for about 5 minute in some EVOO. Then add the ground chicken and all seasonings and cook thru.
At this point your water should be boiling, so go ahead and cook your pasta.
While that’s cooking for about 8-10 minutes. In the pan with the meat mixture add your sauce and mix well. Let this simmer on low while you wait for the pasta to be ready. Check the flavor of the meat sauce and adjust seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic) to your taste.
Once your pasta is ready throw it in the pan with the sauce. Toss it together well and serve.
This pasta is soooo good, and pretty healthy. Low in fat, and pretty decent in protein. Now that I’ve gotten this recipe down pat, it takes me about 40-45 minutes from start to table. A lot better than my 8 hour Sunday sauce.