Pop/comic makeup seems to be the trend this year, and I fell in love with one particular look from Beauty with Tashy.
Loved the colors, and looked simple enough to give it a shot. And this is my effort at it.
It’s just ok. I could have done a thousand times better. Here’s what I did wrong:
- I used my Absolute NY Ink Pen rather than what I was going to originally use; my black Fluidline from MAC and an eye liner brush. The tip is perfect for eyeliner use, but I found it too soft to create makeup art. I had to press down, which caused me to mess up. And this stuff stays on so well, it was irritating my skin rubbing so hard to take it off.
- I forgot to pick up the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil. So I ended up using my NYX Slim Eye Pencil #fail. The circles obviously were going to be uneven. And they certainly were.
- Had to use hot pink eye shadow because yellow does not show up on my skin. It didn’t matter how much white primer I used, yellow is my base color and it just did not show up. And I was using the highly pigmented yellow that comes in the Morphe 35B palette.
- My eyebrows were not filled in correctly, and a bit uneven.
- I did the white dots last, I should have done them first.
- I put lipstick on before the liner.
I’m going to try it again tonight, correcting the hot mess I did above. Hopefully it’ll be better, and I’ll share the results up on our Instagram.
And here’s some filter fun:
Want a tutorial on this look? Take a look at Tashy’s quick video:
Have you tried your hand at Pop Makeup? Share it with us below or on social media using #nerdandlace.
6 Comments Add yours
I love you so much it’s weird. Thank you for sharing your so called fail. I think you look fabulous but I know what you mean. I tried to do a Jem inspired makeup look and totally needed to use different products! I was afraid to post it, but I love how you turned your learning experience into a teaching one! As always, wonderful ❤
Could like I be your WCW? 😂😂😂. You know how it is when you’re a creative person you always see improvement. You always see better ways to do it. I was just lazy and tired last night. But I will try it again tonight. Hopefully I’ll get it right *crossing fingers*
YES! But honestly we are our own worst critics. I look at you and other bloggers and am inspired so…you’re doing something right 😉
Love you girl!
And you’re absolutely right. We are always looking to do things better so we see the flaws no one else sees.
Reblogged this on Glory Bourdier.