Summer is coming. About time, right? This means cookouts, and grilling. Could you smell the charcoal burning?
But while we wait for those endless summer nights, we could get the summer BBQ’s started at home. Here’s my recipe for the perfect oven BBQ Chicken that’ll leave you wanting more.
- Chicken Legs
- BBQ Sauce
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Granulated Garlic
- Granulated Onion
- Preheat the oven to 450°F degrees.
- You can choose to cut the chicken legs into thighs and drumsticks or leave whole.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the berbere, kosher salt, ground black pepper, and granulate onion.
- Elevate chicken with baking racks. This doesn’t allow the chicken to cook in the grease. The room for air, is how you get crispy skin without frying.
- Bake the drumsticks until it’s brown and crispy. Then flip it the other side, and again bake until brown and crispy.
- Take the BBQ sauce of your choice and brush it into the chicken and let it bake for about 10 minutes. The flip it over and repeat the process on the other side so the sauce caramelizes.
- Take out of the oven, serve, and enjoy!
I make my own BBQ sauce recipe, but store bought works just as great.
Hope my recipes inspire you to cook at home and eat healthier, and clean. If you have a recipe request, feel free to sound off below or email us over at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you duplicate my recipe, share it with us on social media! Use the hashtag #nerdandalce & #NLFoodie.
Healthy Foodie Editor