Created by Veronica Bosgraaf, a mother inspired by her daughter questioned eating animals when she was only six years old. Granted being a vegetarian is not for everyone. I know I tried and I couldn’t do it. However, I am a firm believer that more vegetables in your life will make you a better and healthier human. And we should be continuous what we consume and feed our families.
She shared this incredible recipe of Linguine with Tomatoes and Avocado Pesto that I have to try. And because of that, I had to share with you.
Linguine with Tomatoes and Avocado Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup pine nuts, crushed
- 1 whole avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) package linguine
- In a medium bowl, combine the basil, pine nuts, avocado, and oil. Mash the ingredients together with a potato masher until well blended. Alternatively, pulse the ingredients in a food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add the salt and season to taste with pepper. Makes about 1 1⁄2 cups.
- Cook the linguine according to the package instructions. Drain and toss into a serving bowl. Add the pesto and toss well. Top with the tomatoes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Want to win a free an autographed copy of Veronica’s cookbook? Visit the Home & Family’s Facebook.