There was a time in my life where I LIVED St. Patrick’s Day. And I am not even Irish.
You see, I grew up in Hoboken, NJ. And Hoboken St. Patty’s Day Parade was everything. We used to get up, have a breakfast party at someone’s house. Then head out to drink and celebrate all day. If you made it past midnight, you were a trooper. Must people would be passed out at home by 7:00 PM. But I proudly made it past midnight every year. Go me!
View this post on Instagram
SOUND ON! 🔊🔊🔊 St. Patrick's is around the corner and I am getting ready with some glitter and one of my favorite bands of all time @floggingmollyband! Will be sharing this look tomorrow at nerdandlace.com. Who's ready to party like a leprechaun? 🍀🍀🍀 | Headband: Swag from @reem_acra during last Bridal Market #kissme • • • • • #beauty #beautyblog #beautyblogger #bbloger #bblogers #instabeauty #makeup #makeupblog #makeupblogger #instamakeup #nerdandlace #mbacosmetics #glitter #pressedglitter #motd #glittermakeup #glittershadow #stpatricksday #stpatricks #stpattys #partylikealeprechaun #irishpunk #floggingmolly #drunkenlullabies
But the celebration has changed over the years. And it’s NOTHING like it used to be. You had one job younger generations, and you’ve ruined it. There’s not even a parade any more. How depressing.
So this is my ode to the spirit of Hoboken St. Patty’s Day past. To great memories, even greater times, and green beers!
- PRIMER: Face Magnet Primer – Pop Beauty
- COLOR CORRECTING: Color Correcting Stick in Light – ELF Cosmetics
- FOUNDATION: Medium Neutral – Tarte’s Empowered Hybrid Gel Foundation
- BROW SET: Hold Them Down – MYOB Cosmetics
- EYEBROW PENCIL: Deep Brunette- MYOB Cosmetics
- CONCEALER: Light Medium – Tarte Shape Tape
- SETTING POWDER: Ultra HD Pressed Powder in Translucent – Make Up For Ever
- BRONZER: Life’s a BIH – MYOB Cosmetics
- HIGHLIGHTER: Top Shelf – MYOB Cosmetics
- BLUSH: Appeal – MYOB Cosmetics
- SETTING SPRAY: Mist & Fix – Make Up For Ever
- ALL OVER LID, TRANSITION, & CREASE: Crown 35RG Palette
- LID: Soldier – MBA Cosmetics
- GLITTER: Kiwi – MBA Cosmetics
- INNER CORNER: Puffs – Morphe 35B
- LOWER LASH: Soldier – MBA Cosmetics
- MASCARA: BADgal BANG! volumizing mascara – Benefit Cosmetics
- LIQUID MATTE LIPSTICK: Red Coral – Make Up For Ever
I’ll be at Universal Studios on St. Patrick’s Day. So expect a lot of instastories. If you’re ever so inclined, you could follow my adventures on over on Instagram.
Are you doing anything fun for St. Patrick’s? Or have any traditions?
T-minus FIVE days until our Florida vacation!