Dar Oakley in the Ruin of Ym
by John Crowley
- GENRE: Fantasy, Magical, Sci-Fi
- PUBLICATION DATE: October 24, 2017
Thank you Saga Press and Simon & Schuster for the copy of this gorgeous book.
From award-winning author John Crowley comes an exquisite fantasy novel about a man who tells the story of a crow named Dar Oakley and his impossible lives and deaths in the land of Ka.
A Crow alone is no Crow.
Dar Oakley—the first Crow in all of history with a name of his own—was born two thousand years ago. When a man learns his language, Dar finally gets the chance to tell his story. He begins his tale as a young man, and how he went down to the human underworld and got hold of the immortality meant for humans, long before Julius Caesar came into the Celtic lands; how he sailed West to America with the Irish monks searching for the Paradise of the Saints; and how he continuously went down into the land of the dead and returned. Through his adventures in Ka, the realm of Crows, and around the world, he found secrets that could change the humans’ entire way of life—and now may be the time to finally reveal them.
This book cover spoke to me. I mean, the colors inspired four looks but this is the one that I ended up with. I hope you like it!
- PRIMER MIST: Oil Control Primer Mist – ELF Cosmetics
- PRIMER: Dr. Brandt Pores No More Luminizer Primer
- COLOR CORRECTING: Color Correcting Stick in Light – ELF Cosmetics
- FOUNDATION: 2.0 YG Light Medium – The Ordinary High Coverage
- EYEBROWS: Brow Power™ Universal Eyebrow Pencil – It Cosmetics
- BRONZER: 05 Brunettes – Guerlain Terracotta Powder
- CONCEALER: Light Medium – Tarte Shape Tape
- SETTING POWDER: Ultra HD Pressed Powder in Translucent – Make Up For Ever
- HIGHLIGHTER: Green – Naked Cosmetics Holographic Highlighter Collection
- BLUSH: Luminous Loose Blush – Studiomakeup
- SETTING SPRAY: Mist & Fix – Make Up For Ever
- ALL OVER EYES: Matt Lin – theBalm Meet Matt(e) Trimony
- CREASE: Matt Lopez – theBalm Meet Matt(e) Trimony
- HALO: Black – Morphe Palette 35B
- CENTER HALO: Key To My Heart – MBA Cosmetics
- LOWER LASH: Green – Morphe Palette 35B + Green – Absolute New York Waterproof Gel Eyeliner
- INNER CORNER HIGHLIGHT: Green – Naked Cosmetics Holographic Highlighter Collection
- WATERLINE: Jet Black – Vintage Cosmetics Smokey Eye Pencil
- LASHES: Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara
And with this look I start my official count down to Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Disney. T- minus 30 days. SO beyond excited! I am already planning my outfits. I know, this is serious business.
I’ll be sharing my preparation on my insta stories. So make sure you click on over.
What’s the last book you’ve read?