When I saw the MODA Prismatic Face Perfecting Kit from Royal & Langnickel, I nearly had an aneurysm. DID YOU SEE THESE BRUSHES?!?!?! They are seriously mermaid, and I HAD to have them.
Not only are they cute, I wanted to try them out see what the hoopla was all about. I mean, they are always sold out. I had to find out why, and if they were worth the hype.
This set comes with four brushes, which are design to beat your mermaid face off. The set runs for $24.99USD. And they are 100% Vegan brushes.
- 801: Large brush for all over cream or liquid foundation
- 802: Ideal brush for blush or bronzer
- 803: Create a flawlessly blended contour
- 804: This small brush is perfect for precisely applying concealer
VIDEO IS FINALLY UP!
One thing I didn’t like is that the handle on the large brush, it’s a bit flimsy. If you notice in the video, I was holding the head with my finger. I was so afraid it would break. BUT it did blend the foundation like a dream. These brushes are SO soft!
UPDATE! I did talk to a former Royal employee and she said the brushes were designed to be super flexible. Also, you could bend them half to the back and half to the front and nothing will happen. Of course, I tried it and she was right! Still, I’ll like the large brush to be a bit stronger. It makes for a better application.
I’m actually really surprised how much I liked them and I really liked how my contour came out. It looked natural. I love that!
And I created a makeup look inspired by the brush colors because it’s so mertastic!
Here is what I used to create this look:
ON THE EYES
- Primer: NYX Eyes Shadow Base in White
- Transition Shade: Leader from the Tartelette in Bloom palette
- Shadow Base Outter Corner: MBA’s Cosmetics Shadow in Blue Carrauco
- Shadow Base Inner Corner: NYX Prismatic Shadow in Mermaid
- Outter Lid: NYX’s Glitter in Blue
- Inner Lid: NYX Pigment in Twinkle Twinkle
- Glitter Primer: NYX Glitter Primer
- Inner Coner: Makeup Geek in Luster
- Glitter Liner: NYX Liquid Crystal in Cyrstal Pink
- Mascara: I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara from Essence
- Waterline Liner: Frankie Rose Infinity Eye Pencil in Black
ON THE FACE
- Primer: NYX Angel Veil
- Color Correcting: NYX Dark Circle Concealer
- Foundation: Maybelline FitMe Matte+Poreless Foundation
- Concealer: Too Faced Born This Way Concealer
- Eyebrows: L’oreal Brow Stylist Definer in Brunette. Setting it with Activist from the Tartelette in Bloom palette
- Cream Contour: Tarte’s The Sculptor in Park Ave Princess
- Powder Contour: Mehron Pro Contour/Highlight Powder Palette shade Medium Dark
- Highlighter: Makeup Geek in Luster
- Blush: Paaarty by Tarte
- Lips: NYX Intense Butter Gloss in Berry Strudel
In my humble opinion, these are pretty good brushes for ones that you find at Walmart. But Royal Brushes never really fail me.
With the exception of the large brush, the rest felt solid and blended pretty darn good.
So what do y’all think? Have you tried the MODA Prismatic Face Perfecting Kit? What are your thoughts?