Since Thanksgiving is one of my favorite meals of the year, I wanted to combine all the holiday flavors into a quick dish. What’s my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner? Well of course the turkey, cranberry sauce, and stuffing. This is why I created this one pot recipe.
This recipe is versatile, it could be a side or entrée. Heck it can even be used as the stuffing (especially if you are gluten-free). The best part? It was quick to make!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 quart (32 fl oz) of low sodium Vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1 small package of button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ red pepper ½ yellow pepper, diced
- 1 quart of low sodium Vegetable broth
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt (to your liking, remember there is salt in the stock)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Trader Joe’s 21 Season Salute
- 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Chicken Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp McCormick’s Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
First you need to brown the ground turkey. When done place in a bowl.
Then in the same pot, warm up about two turns of EVOO and add all the veggies. Cook on medium-high heat until the onions are translucent.
Now it’s time to add back the ground turkey. Then add the quinoa, spices, and vegetable stock and mix. Once it starts bubbling set the heat down to low-medium and cover for about 20-25 minutes, the stock will dry out. You will know it’s ready when the quinoa sprouts.
Once it’s ready, to give it that final thanksgiving touch, add the ½ cup of dried cranberries and stir. (I couldn’t find my dried cranberries, so it’s not in the illustration, sorry guys!).
It’s so yummy, I promise, it will remind you of thanksgiving. Gobble, Gobble, Enjoy!
Before I go, please help Dee’s Birthday Wish become a reality? Help us raise $400 forCharity: Water. Click on the image below to find out how you could help:
One Comment Add yours
Such a yummy option for us gluten free folks!