#Take20With Mika Jolie
- What’s your favorite midnight snack? OMG! A spoonful of PB. Can never go wrong with that.
- What’s your weirdest “quirk”? (Laughs) I sing ‘You’re the One that I want’ from Grease in the shower. I got chills, they’re multiplying and I’m losing control. ‘Cause the power you’re providing, it’s electrifying! (Laughs)
- Whats your favorite movie? Grease.
- What was your favorite toy as a kid? My marbles. I collected them.
- What is the one, single food that you would never give up? Rice. We have a dish called black rice. It’s made with black mushroom, absolutely delicious.
- Do you shampoo first in the shower or soap? That’s a great question. I never thought of it. But I’d have to say soap first, shampoo, wash, then soap again. Now that I think about it, my ritual doesn’t make much sense.
- Wet the toothbrush or brush dry with the toothpaste? Must wet first. Ha! That sounds kinky. (Laughs)
- Do you scream on roller coasters? Just the idea of roller coasters makes me scream. I can’t do it.
- Where did you go on your first airplane ride? France.
- Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? My mom.
- What’s your favorite thing to do? Spending time with my family.
- Last thing you bought? I bought this really cute silver bangle bracelet today.
- Last person you argued with? I prefer the phrase a “hot debate”. That would be with my hubby. LOL
- Most frequent song played? Right now it’s Nightcall by London Grammar. The theme song for Forrest and Claire from Tattooed Hearts.
- TV show you secretly enjoy? There are two. Newhart and The Golden Girls. Oooh I discovered Knight Rider the other night on television.
- One place you could travel right now? Martha’s Vineyard.
- If you could be stuck in a horror movie, which one would it be? The Blair Witch Project. The first one.
- If you could be a superhero, which one would you be? Bonus for creating one. Storm. I love her.
- Celebrity crush? David Gandy. Actually, it’s more like an obsession.
- Current Favorite Book Series? Martha’s Way series. (Laughs) I’d have to say the Inn BoonsBoro trilogy by Nora Roberts is one that I read and really enjoyed.
- Genre you write? It’s very hard for me to put my writing in a specific category. I’d say Contemporary Romance because that’s the only genre that allows me to weave life and romance into evocative tales.
- Favorite book you’ve ever written, and why? Oh, this is a tough one. I’m so young in my writing career. I honestly can’t answer that one yet. I love each one for so many different reasons.
- The least favorite character you’ve written? Another one I’d have to think about. Tough one.
- Favorite line or quote you’ve ever written? So many. Let’s see, from Need You Now, one of my faves is the text from Adam to Lily. “There.” He exhaled, dark eyes continued to strip her soul. “I’ve laid down my armor, Liliana. If you want, come slay me.” I always go back to this line from The Scale, “Because next time, there won’t be any alcohol. Because next time you will see I’m not built like a model. Because next time, I won’t be good enough.”
- Latest release? Tattooed Hearts is slated to be released later this month. I’m so excited about this book. We have two characters with lots of history between them. A lot of depth.
- Coming release? Tattooed Hearts and maybe a Novella around Christmas. Fingers crossed.
- Your favorite social media? I spend way too much time on Facebook, but that’s because I love to interact and connect with readers, bloggers, authors. Please, don’t hesitate to connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Thank you so much Mika for being part of this silly interview. For more information on Mika’s current and future books, visit her website.