Beyond excited for this Bookie Thursday! Today we are launching a new feature called #Take20With. We’ll be featuring authors and asking them 20 random, hopefully not normal questions they get asked, and sharing them with you. It’s a chance for you bookies, to get to know authors in a fun way.
To kick off, we are starting with New York Times Best Selling author Jessie Evans. An infinite thank you to Jessie for accepting being part of this crazy idea. We hope you enjoy it!
#Take20With Jessie Evans
- What’s your favorite midnight snack? I don’t eat midnight snacks because I am never awake then. 10:30 is my max, yo. And I don’t eat anything but air popped popcorn after supper. I am very boring and disciplined. Are the readers snoring yet? Lol!
- What’s your weirdest “quirk”? I have to have two ceiling fans, a stand up fan, and a sound machine going in order to get to sleep. I guess my body wants to sleep in a noisy wind tunnel.
- Whats your favorite movie? Some Kind of Wonderful, the 80s friends to lovers movie, is my go to whenever I need a comfort watch. I love the cheesy goodness!
- What was your favorite toy as a kid? A book. Also loved my bicycle. If I could have biked and read my book at the same time=heaven.
- What is the one, single food that you would never give up? Cheese. I can cut down, but oh cheese, I could never quit you. *makes out with cheese*
- Do you shampoo first in the shower or soap? Shampoo. And sometimes soap. You have to mix it up so your brain doesn’t get lazy.
- Wet the toothbrush or brush dry with the toothpaste? Wet, I’m not a heathen! The thought of dry brushing gives me the full body shivers. Add in another quirk.
- Do you scream on roller coasters? I laugh hysterically. And loudly.
- Where did you go on your first airplane ride? Disney world when I was 11. It was the best day of my young life.
- Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? No one. I try to keep my bad days to myself. And I figure I’m pretty lucky and shouldn’t complain or spread my cranky around.
- Whats your favorite thing to do? Play in the ocean with my family and then dry off on my towel with a good book.
- Last thing you bought? A pair of cheetah print quick-dry yoga pants for hot yoga. *growl*
- Last person you argued with? My husband. But it was a lame argument. We’ve been married so long we just can’t get riled up about arguing anymore. It feels like I’m arguing with myself, lol!
- Most frequent song played? Pachelbel Canon meets U2. I write angsty emotional scenes to it and cry every time.
- TV show you secretly enjoy? The one I’m a little ashamed of is Nashville. I loved it at first, but it’s been annoying me lately. Still, I haven’t quit it. I guess it’s a guilty unpleasure at this point.
- One place you could travel right now? I’d love to go spend the summer in Scotland. Outlander has awoken a hunger to see men in kilts.
- If you could be stuck in a horror movie, which one would it be? I would prefer not to be stuck in a horror movie, but if I MUST then I guess I would like to be stuck in Carrie. In the version where she survives, and I get to be Carrie. I want to be the thing people are scared of not the one running and screaming. All that running and screaming would give me a heart attack.
- If you could be a superhero, which one would you be? Bonus for creating one. I would be the Heal-O-Smoter. I would have the power to heal the sick and wounded, but also the power to smote people who drive badly. I would love to have the power to make someone’s butt burn with a bad smote when they are driving like a jackass. Jackasses who drive like jackasses deserve a butt smoting.
- Celebrity crush? THOR. Forever Thor. And also John Stewart because I’ve crushed on him since I was twelve and I guess it’s wrong to stop now even though he’s getting old ;).
- Current Favorite Book Series? I started reading Outlander as a reference because I’m planning a time travel in the future and now I’m hooked. I can’t stop. Even though it goes on for 100s of pages at a time with nothing real happening. I love the relationship between the hero and heroine. It feels so real.
- Genre you write? Hot cowboys. Sexy contemporary romance with a sweet, small town coating. Edgy, dark romantic suspense as J. Evans.
- Favorite book you’ve ever written, and why? Ugh. So hard to answer this one! I guess the one I’m most proud of at this point is ROPES AND REVENGE. I managed to deal with a very hard subject–losing a spouse–in a way that felt authentic to me. It was hard to go there emotionally, but I’m glad I did. I learned something from it and that’s one of the two things I love to do with a book First, I want to write something that will engross and entertain. Secondly, I want to write something that pushes me to learn something about myself and be a better author.
- The least favorite character you’ve written? I really HATE Todd from ONE BEAUTIFUL REVENGE, the book I just finished. He is one evil bastard. Just plain wicked. He deserves everything he gets in that book and more.
- Favorite line or quote you’ve ever written? UGH again. I’ve written a LOT of books, lol. But here is a passage I’m proud of from ONE BEAUTIFUL REVENGE:
There are scars on her heart that will never heal, and both of us lost what little innocence we had left last summer. But scars remind us to be grateful for beautiful days without any pain in them and innocence is overrated.
Our younger, innocent selves loved purely, but not as fiercely or selflessly as we do now. Now we know that there is nothing more precious than this. We were stripped bare, brought low, and met each other in the darkness where there was nothing but our love to lead us back to the light.
And it was enough.
More than enough.
- Latest release? My most recent release is ROPES AND REVENGE, the final book in the Lonesome Point series. It can be read as a stand alone, but is better when read in conjunction with book 5, CHAPS AND CHANCE.
- Coming release? ONE BEAUTIFUL REVENGE is out June 23rd. It’s the second half of Danny and Sam’s story that began in THIS SWEET ESCAPE (out now). It should not be read as a stand alone or you’ll be lost. Definitely needs to be read after THIS SWEET ESCAPE.
- Your favorite social media? Facebook
Thanks again Jessie! You are after all the goddess of everything. Powers will be coming to you at midnight on the next full moon.
Jessie wants to give one lucky winner an eBook copy of Chaps and Chance & Ropes and Revenge from her Lonsesome Point, Texas series.
ENTER HERE FROM A MOBILE DEVICE
Disclaimer: No purchase necessary. One winner will win both eBooks and randomly selected via rafflecopter. Contest will run from May 28 until midnight on May 30th. Winner will be announced here on Saturday, May 30th. Winner has 48 hours to claim their prize or another winner will be selected. Contest opened internationally. Good luck!
For more information on Jessie Evans and her series, visit her website.
Any authors that would love to be part of our #Take20with could reach us at email@example.com.
One Comment Add yours