It’s hump day! Hope you get to hump LOL
Who doesn’t love food? I know I do, but I’m trying really hard to shed a few pounds and just be healthier for my own sake. I’m getting older and I want to try to avoid dealing with certain illnesses if I can.
In the process of being healthier, I’ve made the choice of eating low to no sugar if I can help itl. I was addicted. It was nasty. Now I’m better, thank goodness. I do feel healthier without having much of it in my system.
While searching for healthier breakfast substitutions, there’s so much oatmeal (or porridge for you Brits) you could eat without getting sick of it. I mean it’s good for you and I eat it for breakfast almost daily. I just wanted to find different ways to eat it when I came across this yummy smoothie from Chocolate & Carrots and I wanted to share it with you.
- 6 ounces milk (I use 2% Lactaid so you can pretty much use Skim, Soy, Almond, or milk you prefer)
- 8-13 three quarter-inch frozen banana slices (about 1 frozen medium/large banana)*
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats (I use instant Oats)
- In a blender, put all the ingredients together, and mix until smooth.
- Enjoy plain or with some chocolate chips!
When I make them, I pour the milk into the blender and put the frozen banana slices in, making sure they are iceburging out of the milk (You know, there are enough banana slices in the milk with some sticking out of the milk) to make the perfect smoothie.
Servings: 1 large or 2 small smoothies
I usually have one for breakfast, and I avoid the chocolate. But of course it doesn’t hurt 😉
For more yummy recipes visit Chocolate & Carrots.