It’s FRIIIIIDAY! Hope ya’ll have a great weekend.
Ugh! I am a day behind in my daily features. But don’t worry, you’ll get two for the price of one today! lol The next one is coming later 😉
Grabbing an old wrinkled up tissue paper I had in one of my craft boxes, I decided to give it a try. And this is my result:
As I said the paper is all wrinkly, left over from Christmas gift wrapping, so it looks like it’s been possessed lol. But aside from that, it doesn’t look half bad. I should have made the tassel’s thinner but this was a test run so I didn’t worry all that much. It was super easy to make, and super fast.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tissue Paper (any color you prefer)
- Baker’s Twine or Cord
From The tomkat Studio
- Step 1: Gather materials.
- Step 2: Fold a piece of tissue paper (20″ x 20″ or 20″ x 24″) in half and in half the other way. Cut strips towards the fold to create fringe, leaving about 1 inch uncut at the fold line. Once all strips are cut, unfold the tissue and cut in half so you have 2 sheets with fringe (to make 2 tassels).
- Step 3: Unfold tissue paper.
- Step 4: Begin rolling tightly down the middle crease.
- Step 5: Continue rolling, fold in half and then twist to create a loop for hanging.
- Step 6: Repeat to create additional tassels in various colors. Hang from thin cord or ribbon.
I can’t wait to make a full banner!
Who’s going to try one out? I dare you!