It’s FRIIIIIDAY! Hope ya’ll have a great weekend.
Ugh! I am a day behind in my daily features. But don’t worry, you’ll get two for the price of one today! lol The next one is coming later 😉
While on Pinterest, as always, I came across this super cute, and super easy DIY Tissue Garland posted on WeddingBee.
Grabbing an old wrinkled up tissue paper I had in one of my craft boxes, I decided to give it a try. And this is my result:
As I said the paper is all wrinkly, left over from Christmas gift wrapping, so it looks like it’s been possessed lol. But aside from that, it doesn’t look half bad. I should have made the tassel’s thinner but this was a test run so I didn’t worry all that much. It was super easy to make, and super fast.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tissue Paper (any color you prefer)
- Baker’s Twine or Cord
From The tomkat Studio
- Step 1: Gather materials.
- Step 2: Fold a piece of tissue paper (20″ x 20″ or 20″ x 24″) in half and in half the other way. Cut strips towards the fold to create fringe, leaving about 1 inch uncut at the fold line. Once all strips are cut, unfold the tissue and cut in half so you have 2 sheets with fringe (to make 2 tassels).
- Step 3: Unfold tissue paper.
- Step 4: Begin rolling tightly down the middle crease.
- Step 5: Continue rolling, fold in half and then twist to create a loop for hanging.
- Step 6: Repeat to create additional tassels in various colors. Hang from thin cord or ribbon.
I can’t wait to make a full banner!
Don’t have time but want these super cute tassel’s for your party? No worries. Sparkle Motion Decor has you covered. Visit the fabulous Etsy Store.
Who’s going to try one out? I dare you!