2016 has gotten a lot of negative backlash. Yeah, it’s been a crappy year for the most part, and we’ve lost some incredible talent. I am still weeping at the thought that Carrie Fisher is no longer with us, but now in a galaxy far-far away.
But not everything was a bad. This year, a lot of new doors opened to me as a person and as a blogger. I attended incredible events and met people that are now are part of my every day life in both the beauty and book worlds.
I may have lost some friends, but gained some incredible ones. I lost a job, but gained one I actually care for and love.
Running Nerd & Lace brings me immense joy. Sure, there are times where I exhaust myself to not wanting to relate to anyone. But this little corner of the internet allows me to fulfill so many of my dreams and goals. In the end, I am incredibly blessed and grateful for my sleepless nights and exhaustion.
I want to thank a bunch of people so please bare with me:
- To the ladies of Nerd & Lace, thank you for your kick ass support all year long. You’re my boy blue!
- My trainer Jim McIntyre. Thank you SO much for joining me in my crazy #FitFriday vlogs.
- Amanda from Bridal Beauty Magazine. You gave me the opportunity to attend IMATS NYC and thank you from the bottom of my heart. It was an experience I will never forget. You are my forever bridal boo!
- Royal & Langnickel, every time I ask for support y’all are there. I will be a fan of the brand and brushes forever.
- The powers that be at Ipsy. Being part of IpsyOS is a dream and being able to connect with other beauty nerds and brands is more than I could ask for.
- Ricky’s NYC a million thanks for hosting our beauty crawl. It was a blast even if it was 7,000 degrees out.
- Everyone in the Indie Book World; authors, photographers, models, cover artist, etc… I AM SO HAPPY I found y’all in of all places Facebook. Meeting y’all has filled my day with joy. You are my people, my book nerds, you understand my fangirling and support all my book boyfriends (even if Silvia’s husband continues to argue they are not real). Don’t listen to him, he’s crazy.
- Everyone in the bridal world. You are all artist. You turn visions into realities. Whether it’s a gown, accessories, magazines, etc… y’all are amazing!
- And last but not least, you! We are so beyond thankful and grateful we are so honored!
Wishing you an amazing 2017!