Happy Wedding Wednesday y’all! For my 9-5, I work in the bakery world, and see first hand the Wedding Cake trends. One that’s really hot right now is Sequin Cakes. Take a look:
Beautiful right? First reaction, wow that’s a lot of work! But in fact it is very simple to accomplish. Anyone could do this. Yes anyone. Of course for your wedding, you’d want a professional doing all the work.
This look could be done over buttercream, as well as fondant. For the sake of today’s tutorial we’ll discuss doing this over buttercream.
What you’ll need:
- Buttercream covered cake
- Sequin Confetti
- Luster Dust Spray or Metallic Luster Dust
- Vodka (only if you choose to use the Metallic Luster Dust)
- Wide Brush (to apply the Metallic Luster powder)
What you’ll do:
- Scoop a handful of the sequin confetti, and tap it over the buttercream.
- If you choose to use the Luster Spray, just point and spray the sequin area to get the desired color. You may need to do a few coats. Let it dry in between coats.
- If you choose to use the Metallic Luster Dust, mix with vodka, and brush over the sequin. In this case you will also need to do a few coats, and let it dry in between coats.
- Let it dry over night before decorating the rest of the cake. Especially if you’ll be stacking.
- And TA-DA, all done!
Yes, it really is that simple, yet beautiful to look at.
If you use this tutorial to decorate your own Sequin Cake, be sure to share it with us on Social Media by using the hashtag #nerdandlace. Also, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Bakers gonna to bake, bake, bake!
One Comment Add yours