Ange is under the pressure of finals, that is why we haven’t been sharing her amazing recipes with y’all. Don’t worry, we’ll get back to business soon. In the mean time, we are going to keep sharing health facts with you.
Lemons. Who knew that such a small fruit, yes lemons are fruit, could help in SO many ways. From battling a soar throat to combating cancer. This is one of mother earths miracle fruit; filled with Vitamin C, Vitamin B, and protein.
In its early stages, explorers used lemom to help treat scurvy, a then-common disease among the sailors. Now a days, we use lemon in just about every part of our daily diets.
There’s a ton of benefits of using lemon, but here are what we found to be to top five:
- COMBATING CANCER: As an excellent source of the powerful antioxidant vitamin C, lemons and lemon juice can help fight the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer.
- LOWERING STROKE RISK: According to the American Heart Association, eating higher amounts of citrus fruits may lower ischemic stroke risk for women. Those who ate the highest amounts of citrus had a 19% lower risk of ischemic stroke than women who consumed the least.
- THROAT INFECTIONS: Lemon is an excellent fruit that fights against problems related to throat infections, due to its well-known antibacterial properties.
- HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE: Drinking lemon juice is helpful for people suffering from heart problems, because it contains potassium. It controls high blood pressure, dizziness, and nausea, because it provides a calming sensation to both the mind and body. It is commonly employed to reduce mental stress and depression.
- SKIN CARE: Lemon juice, being a natural antiseptic medicine, can also cure problems related to the skin. Lemon juice can be applied to reduce the pain of sun burn, and it helps to ease the pain from bee stings as well. Lemon juice can be applied on the skin for the treatment of acne and eczema. It acts as an anti-aging remedy and can remove wrinkles and blackheads.You could also use it on burn marks, helping fade. Drinking lemon juice mixed with water and honey brings a healthy glow to the skin, and if you thoroughly search the cosmetic market, you will find some soaps containing lemon juice, but they aren’t too easy to find!
Here’s a graphic from Organic Facts with tons more benefits of lemon: