Happy 200th Grimm!

Grimm

Happy Holidays

They don’t look a day older than 175 lol! We all know and love the Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales. It’s all those stories Disney has with “Happily Ever After” in the closing credits of their famous animated films; Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White to name a few.

If you’ve never read Grimm’s Tales, I found a site that has them all listed: click on to read

To learn more about the Brother’s Grimm click on to view their Wikipedia bio.

I hope you enjoy them, as much as I did!

XOXO Dee

7 Comments Add yours

1. Siobhan says:

Wasn’t the Little Mermaid Hans Christian Andersen?

1. Dee Shore says:

You are correct! I was listening to The Little Mermaid soundtrack when putting this blog together WHOOPS! LOL Thanks for the correction 😉

1. Siobhan says:

No problem 🙂 I sound like a massive pedant now but I was thinking of the statue in the harbour! I’ve always wanted to visit it.

I love the Grimms, writing from back in the good old days when children were allowed to be scared!

2. Dee Shore says:

It’s there in Copenhagen for you to see! It’s my dream to visit one day.

Ha! No I agree. A good portion of kids now a days are whinny. Does that make me sound like a bully? EEP! I hope not. But really, nothing wrong with giving a good scare lol

3. Siobhan says:

Not like a bully at all. I find it strange that people forget those stories were supposed to scare children for a reason. They taught them about stranger danger and what happened if you ate foods that you weren’t meant to… Now it seems like we bring them up in bubbles where bad things aren’t meant to happen then send the sheltered darlings out into the world when they come of age with no idea about real life…

I shall now step down from my soap box! 🙂

4. Dee Shore says:

I happen to agree with you. That’s why I take great pleasure in horrifying, and scarring my nephew. Not only is it hilarious ;), kids now a days have so much access to so many people in so many different forms, that you never know what could happen.

Someone somewhere needs to make an after school special about this. Remember those???

5. Siobhan says:

I think they may have been a US thing, I don’t remember having them in the UK. Most of the stories my four year old niece tells me end in someone being decapitated so I think her stomach must be much stronger than mine!